The Post-Baccalaureate RN to MS Certificate is designed for the registered nurse (RN) who has a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing. The completion of this certificate prepares you for eligibility to continue your education in the Master of Science program in nursing at Le Moyne College.
Students who successfully complete just five prerequisites on a part-time basis, either through credit-bearing courses offered in the evenings on campus or through a combination of course work and transfer credits, will be prepared for graduate-level study to pursue one of two tracks in either nursing education or nursing administration.
The following five undergraduate courses are required:
• MTH 110: Introduction to Statistics (3 cr.)
• NSG 315: Health Assessment ( 3 cr.)
• BIO 345: Pathophysiology (3 cr.)
• NSG 350: Research in Nursing (3 cr.)
• NSG 475: Transition to Advanced Nursing Practice (4 cr.) – a comprehensive bridge course, which includes bachelor’s-level nursing content foundational to graduate-level study.
Students may transfer in two equivalent courses of the five courses listed above (with a grade of C or better), but at least three courses must be taken at Le Moyne College to be awarded the certificate. There is no time limit for courses used for transfer. Students earning this certificate must achieve a minumum grade of C in each course to fullfill the prerequisites for the master’s program.
- Complete the certificate application (pdf)
- Order official transcripts from schools you attended for your basic nursing education (associate degree or diploma), your bachelor’s degree, and any college(s) where you earned credits that may potentially transfer to meet the above prerequisites.
- Send these application materials to the Center for Continuing Education at the address indicated on the application form.
The required courses are available on a rotating basis during the fall and spring semesters, as well as during summer sessions. Class schedules will be announced in advance. Tuition is based on current semester credit rates.
For more information and to speak with an advisor, please contact the Le Moyne College Center for Continuing Education at (315) 445-4141 or email@example.com. For more information about the Master of Science program in nursing, please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at (315) 445-5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.